AV Preeminent
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Hands On - Miami
Legal Services of Greater Miami Inc.
The Florida Bar

If I Was Hurt While on the Ship in Another Country, Where Should I Get an Attorney?

You should get an attorney based on the clause in your passenger ticket that tells you where you have to sue because that lawyer is going to have to appear in court in that state and in that court. Typically most cruise lines, the big cruise lines you have to bring your case either in Florida in Miami, California or Washington. You want to get a lawyer who, number one does maritime law and handles those kinds of cases and number two, is in the state where you're required to bring your lawsuit.