Miami, Florida, Litigation Attorneys
A Miami Law Firm with a National Reputation
The Pollack Law Firm, is a client-focused, results-driven litigation firm that represents businesses and individuals from Florida and throughout the nation in state and federal court. Attorney David H. Pollack, an AV-Rated* attorney and graduate of Harvard College, has a reputation for achieving outstanding results for clients at both the trial and appellate levels.
The firm has gained national attention for handling precedent-setting cases in a variety of areas, including maritime law and internet defamation, that have resulted in million dollar verdicts and changes in the law. Among them:
- $11.3 million internet defamation verdict: Attorney David H. Pollack obtained a multimillion dollar judgment on behalf of a small business owner who was defamed on the internet, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Changing the law on behalf of injured maritime workers: Because of an appeal handled by David H. Pollack, tips are now included in the calculation of cruise ship employees’ wages for maintenance and cure.
- $3 million personal watercraft verdict: Our firm helped a passenger injured in a personal watercraft accident obtain a $3 million judgment against the manufacturer of the personal watercraft.
Our practice encompasses complex commercial litigation, maritime law, defamation and business torts, and personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Helping People, Solving Problems
We carefully analyze each claim and develop practical strategies to meet each client’s specific needs and goals. The firm provides the quality of legal advocacy and representation associated with large national firms, and the personal attention and responsive client service only a smaller firm can provide.
To schedule a consultation or to see if we can assist you in handling your legal problem, contact our Miami office.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certifications marks of Reed Elseiver Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Cruise Lines Implement Smoking Bans Effective last week, Disney Cruise Line has imposed a fleet-wide smoking ban on all cruise ship passenger balconies. This new policy is in accordance
- Cruise Ship Industry Trust Waning The numbers are out on the public's view of the cruise line industry, and they aren't what many in the industry would have hoped for. A new Harris
- Fire-proof Bill of Rights for Cruise Passengers On May 22, 2013, the Cruise Line Industry Association (CLIA) adopted a formal Cruise Line Passenger Bill of Rights designed to protect the rights of
In the Media
The quality of a large firm,
the personal attention of a small one
Landmark Cases In a case that garnered nationwide attention, the Firm obtained an $11.3 million verdict on behalf of a small business owner and her company who were defamed over the internet. Read More
Setting Precedents The Firm argued before the Florida Supreme Court on behalf of a 14-year old girl who suffered a ruptured appendix aboard a cruise ship. Read More