AV Preeminent
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Hands On - Miami
Legal Services of Greater Miami Inc.
The Florida Bar

If I Am Injured on a Cruise Ship, What Type of Damages Can I Claim?

If you're injured on a cruise ship you can claim both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages would be those things like your medical expenses whether it's out-of-pocket payments, co-payments for insurance, lost wages if you've been out of work. Anything that you've had to pay out-of-pocket for. You can also recover with what's called non-economic damages, which is pain and suffering damages for the trauma and the hurt that you've experienced.