AV Preeminent
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Hands On - Miami
Legal Services of Greater Miami Inc.
The Florida Bar

I Have an Attorney Outside of the State Where the Cruise Ship Departed? Can He or She Handle My Cruise Ship Injury Case?

He or she can handle it, if he or she is admitted to practice in the state where you're required to bring your lawsuit. Your ticket will say that you have to bring your lawsuit in a particular state, and often in a particular court. It's easier, and my recommendation is, if you have to bring your case in a particular state, that you get a lawyer who practices in that state, and who also does maritime work. Because they're familiar with these kinds of cases, and how to do them.